Sunday, July 15, 2012

Apple Spice Muffins

We love our new juicer!  We have spent the last week making all sorts of combination juices, fresh fruits and vegetables, mmmm!  But I was feeling a little bad about the amount of pulp in the catcher that wasn't getting used.  So I found some recipes.  Here is one I made today. 
Started by juicing about 6 apples.  Nothing beats fresh apple juice!

Collect the pulp.  You need 1 1/2 c. for the recipe I used.

In our house, it helps if you have some really cute helpers.

1 1/2 c. unbleached flour
1 1/2 c. apple pulp
1/4 c. apple juice
1/2 c. whole-wheat flour
2/3 c. honey
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c. skim milk
2 egg whites.
Mix until moist.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 min.

And here they are!  So yummy!

They were a big hit with the kiddos, they gobbled them up!  
I'm excited to try more recipes, both for juice and for using the pulp.  

No comments: